We have reached our destination in VA and have started our training. Everything is going well and the boys are having a lot of fun meeting new friends and playing sports everyday.
Here is our typical schedule (in my opinion):
- Get up way too early (and you still miss breakfast)
- Go to morning seminars
- Go to lunch
- Go to afternoon seminars
- Play with the kids for an hour or so
- Go to dinner between 5-6pm only (that's just crazy)
- Play basketball for an hour or so (not nearly long enough)
- Campus turns into a ghost town at 8pm sharp (weird, huh?)
That's basically our life for the next 7 weeks. The seminars are very informative and usually very challenging spiritually. I have already felt hugely inadequate to carry out the task set before us. I have said this over and over but I'll say it again: I am just a regular, common, ordinary person just like you. There is not one ounce of 'super-spirituality' in my whole being. I simply said, "I'll go where you send me Lord." Imagine if the Lord sent you half way around the world to make his name known to a people who have never heard. Think of how dwarfed you would feel from such an awesome responsibility. Now you are beginning to get a glimpse of what is going through our hearts and minds.
Here are a few things that we would ask you to pray for:
- That we would fall deeper in love with the Lord Jesus than we ever have before.
- That we would seek His face in earnest prayer everyday.
- That we would weep over the lost like Jesus did.
- That we would boldly share the message of the cross.
Thanks for caring.